Home Business Registration
Home Business - Occupation or professional carried on by members of a family, residing on the premises, clearly incidental to the use of a structure for dwelling purposes, and which does not change the exterior character of premises.
A home-based business shall be conducted entirely and unobtrusively within the principal residence, in no case occupying more than twenty-five (25) percent of the living area; and shall not generate pedestrian or vehicular traffic beyond the normal to the district in which it is located.
- There shall be no signs, buildings or structures other than those permitted in the district. The occupation or profession shall not be advertised visually or by mass media.
- There shall be no use of materials or mechanical equipment not recognized as being part of normal household or hobby use.
- Home business may include the use of a premise by professional persons for consultation or emergency treatment, but not for general practice of a profession.
- No offensive noise, vibration, smoke, dust, odors, heat, or glare, shall be produced or caused by the business or the nature of the business.
- Activity shall be limited to the hours between 7:00am and 10:00pm.
- A “home occupation” shall not include, among others, the following:
- Auto or appliance repair
- Barbershops and beauty parlors
- Commercial stables
- Direct sales
- Veterinary offices, hospitals and kennels
- Real estate offices
- Cabinet maker or furniture making
All home businesses are subject to registration and annual renewal with the City of Goodyear.
If you have questions on the appropriateness of any home-based business, please contact the Development Services Office at 623-932-3005.