Boards, Commissions & Ad Hoc Committees
Currently Recruiting Boards, Commission & Committees
Applications are accepted anytime - Submit yours today!
Click Here to view current vacancies.
City of Goodyear residents are invited to participate in the process of City of Goodyear government. One of the most effective ways to participate is through service on one of the City’s citizen boards, commissions, or committees. Through these services, civic minded citizens become involved in their local government and make recommendations to the Goodyear City Council. As a result, the City benefits from the vast knowledge, experience and expertise of its citizens. Thank you for your interest.
Board and commission member positions are all voluntary and are appointed by the City Council. Once appointed the time commitment for each board/commission varies, some meet on a regular schedule, others on an as needed basis. Preparation for some meetings may require additional time obligations. Once committed, your attendance at all regularly scheduled meetings is critical.
How to apply for Boards, Commissions and Committee Appointment
Board, Commission and Committee members are appointed by the Mayor and City Councilmembers. Please review Boards, Commissions and Committees Process.
1. Review the list of preferences and areas of interest and determine your top four choices. Every effort will be made to accommodate your first preference, but vacancies vary, and demand for some boards may be higher than others.
2. Complete the required Boards & Commissions Application Form online or mail or fax it, along with your resume to:
Office of the City Clerk190 N. Litchfield Rd.
Goodyear, AZ 85338
3. As vacancies occur, the Council Subcommittee for Boards, Commissions, and Committee Appointments will meet to review the applications and determine if interviews are necessary. The Subcommittee will make a final recommendation for appointment to the Mayor and Council.
4. All members of boards, commissions and committees shall be residents of the City of Goodyear, unless directed by the Goodyear City Council to waive the requirement or as specified in the bylaws of the board, commission or committee. Members may not serve more than two full, consecutive terms and are expected to attend all regular and special meetings. Please contact the appropriate department for more specific information and meeting schedules.
5. Applicants must be a registered voter in the City of Goodyear, unless (a) the member is a youth commissioner or (b) the registered voter requirement is waived as part of the City Council’s appointment of the member.
6. If you are applying for a position on a board, commission, or committee reserved to Goodyear residents, then you must be a Goodyear-registered voter to apply. If you are applying for a position on a board, commission, or committee open to non-residents, you will be required to demonstrate compliance with conditions for non-resident participation.
7. Applications will remain on file for one calendar year. A new application is required each year.