Failure to comply as ordered by the court is unlawful.
A Warrant for your arrest will be issued for Failure to Appear in Court. Failure to comply with any of the conditions or directives set forth at sentencing including the payment of fines, jail time, restitution, counseling, or treatment sessions, if not completed by their due date.
When a Warrant for your arrest is issued a Warrant Fee will be added to your fines and the Goodyear Municipal Court will initiate the following actions:
- Your driving privileges will be suspended by the Motor Vehicle Department and you will be unable to register or renew registration on any vehicles until all fines are paid in full. Suspensions in Arizona are honored by most states.
- You may be in contempt of court and charged with Failure to pay a Fine (A.R.S. 13-810) which is a class 1 misdemeanor, and you may be re-sentenced to serve time in jail.
- Your case may be referred to a collection agency. Default fees and surcharges will be added to your balance.
- Information regarding non-payment may be forwarded to a credit bureau, which may affect your ability to obtain credit.
- Your tax refund may be intercepted through the state’s Debt Set Off Program via Arizona Tax Refund Interception.
If your Warrant is not related to fine payments it is necessary for you to appear in Court before a judge to resolve it.