Contact MeOffice Location
Goodyear, AZ 85338
Wally Campbell was elected in March of 2011, to complete the term of former Vice Mayor Georgia Lord, which ended June 2013. She was reelected in March of 2013 to serve a four-year term. Previous to her election, Councilmember Campbell served on multiple City of Goodyear boards, commissions and committees.
Councilmember Campbell has been active with community building efforts since she retired after a career in California state government. Her priorities on Council reflect her perspective that she is a representative of the neighborhoods. They include improving city-to-citizen communication, developing community connections, attracting industry and creating jobs.
Councilmember Campbell got her start in public service with the city's Public Safety Citizens Advisory Committee. That rewarding experience led her to pursue other volunteer opportunities to contribute to the residents of Goodyear. Councilmember Campbell currently serves on the following boards, commissions and committees:
• Founding Member and current President, Friends of the Library, Goodyear branch
• GAIN (Getting Arizonans involved in Neighborhoods) Committee Member past 4 years
• Block Watch Steering Committee Member
• Citizen Corps Council
• Member, Maricopa County Area Agency on Aging (AAA) Board of Directors
• Member, Maricopa Elder Abuse Prevention Alliance
• Council Liaison to North Subdivisions Association
• Council Liaison to the Mobile Community
• Volunteers in Police Service
• Human Services Advisory Council
• Greater Phoenix Economic Council (GPEC) Ambassador
• Member, Southwest Valley Business/Education Advisory Committee
• White Tanks Rotary
• Arizona Assistance in Health Care Board of Directors
• National League of Cities Transportation and Infrastructure Services Steering Committee
• National League of Cities Military Network Committee
• Council Subcommittee for Boards, Commissions and Committee Appointments
• All Faith Community Services Board of Directors
• Director, Goodyear's Historic Litchfield Station Foundation
• Director, Living Solutions for Seniors, Inc.
• Vice President and Secretary of the Friends of the Maricopa District Library
• Arizona Board of Examiners of Nursing Care Institution Administrators and Assisted Living Facility Managers
• Southwest Valley Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
Councilmember Campbell is also a graduate of the Citizen Police Academy, CERT, and the Southwest Valley Citizen Academy. Councilmember Campbell and her husband, John USAF Officer Ret., have lived in Goodyear for 10 years and have four children.