- City offices will be closed on Monday, February 16, 2015
City offices will be closed on Monday, February 16, 2015 in observance of Presidents’ Day.
02/13/2015 11:06 AMdetail
- Committee begins to examine Goodyear’s water, infrastructure needs
The Goodyear Water Planning Committee began to examine utility operating costs and infrastructure improvement needs during its meeting on Feb. 10.
- Daddy/Daughter Dance to be hosted by Goodyear, Tolleson
The city of Goodyear in partnership with the city of Tolleson is hosting a Daddy/Daughter Dance on Saturday, Feb. 21 at the Wigwam Resort.
- Goodyear City Council member Sheri Lauritano appointed to national committees
City Council member Sheri Lauritano now is serving on three committees for the National League of Cities: Community and Economic Development; Transportation and Infrastructure Services; and the International Council.
- Spring Election is All-Mail
The city participates in an all-mail ballot election, which means every registered voter in Goodyear will receive a ballot in the mail starting Feb. 12. Voters can mail back their ballots as soon as they are filled out.
- Traffic Advisory
Motorists traveling southbound on Estrella Parkway from Interstate 10 will not be able to turn west onto Van Buren Street from 6 a.m. on Feb. 9 to 10 a.m. on Feb. 10 due to crews resuming the replacement work on a water main valve. Drivers are urged to use Bullard Avenue or Sarival Road.
- Council Corner
Vice Mayor Joe Pizzillo
- From the Mayor
Mayor Georgia Lord
- Goodyear Fire Department to host training camp for high school girls
The Goodyear Fire Department will be accepting registrations from Feb. 2 to Feb. 13 for its inaugural High School Girls Camp it is hosting from 8 a.m. to noon the week of March 9-12.
- Goodyear Council member Joanne Osborne Appointed to National League of Cities Committee
Goodyear City Council member Joanne Osborne has been appointed to the National League of Cities (NLC) 2015 Finance, Administration and Intergovernmental Relations Steering Committee.
- Goodyear, Desert Edge partner to host free football clinic on Saturday, Jan. 31
A day before the biggest football game of the season – Super Bowl XLIX – the city of Goodyear is putting on a show of its own - a free football clinic from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 31st.
- Tale of Two Cities Parade to recognize area's baseball presence
When the Tale of Two Cities Parade takes place beginning at 10 a.m. on Feb. 21, the event with international flare also will have some national flavor.
- Kick off your Arizona Super Bowl experience with a smart pre-game strategy: ride Valley Metro!
Service enhanced and expanded until 2 a.m. January 28-31, 2015 for Super Bowl Central
01/21/2015 3:39 PMdetail
- Water Booster Station southeast of Estrella Parkway & Cotton Lane is Being Improved.
The city of Goodyear and Newland Communities are improving a Water Booster Station southeast of Estrella Parkway & Cotton Lane
01/20/2015 10:45 AMdetail
- Heart and Sole Run and Walk returns to Goodyear for 10th year
The Heart and Sole Run and Walk, one of the West Valley’s most popular events for people of all ages, is set to take place on Saturday, Feb. 7, beginning at 9 a.m. inside Goodyear Ballpark, 1933 S. Ballpark Way.
- City offices closed Monday, Jan. 19th
City offices and services will be unavailable on Monday, Jan. 19 in observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday.
01/16/2015 3:15 PMdetail
- Goodyear Fire Department receives $9,885 grant from Firehouse Subs
The Goodyear Fire Department soon will be better equipped to protect itself against raging wildfires thanks to a $9,885 grant made possible through the Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation and its partnership with APS.
- Goodyear Citizen Police Academy
The Goodyear Police Department is accepting applications for the Citizen Police Academy. Classes start March 24th - applications are ONLY accepted during the enrollment period.
01/15/2015 11:43 AMdetail
- Water Planning Committee discusses options for treatment, delivery
The Water Planning Committee in Goodyear began discussing options for how the city could best receive, treat and deliver its water to customers.
- Art of Cultures Expo comes to Goodyear
The city of Goodyear is hosting its inaugural Art of Cultures Folklife Expo, a celebration of traditions and ethnic groups to showcase the cultural heritage of the West Valley on Feb. 7 at Palmateer Park.