- City launches new website and mobile app
The city of Goodyear has launched a new website and mobile app that is more user friendly and provides additional content and features that are more engaging for residents.
07/10/2014 5:06 PMdetail
- Oh My Guinness! Goodyear unofficially sets Largest Soul Train World Record during 4th of July event
The city of Goodyear will find out in the weeks ahead whether it set a Guinness World Record for the Largest Soul Train dance line. There were 426 people who participated in Goodyear's attempt.
07/08/2014 11:09 AMdetail
- Star Spangled 4th Celebration
Join us at the ballpark on July 4 for the City of Goodyear's 9th annual Star Spangled 4th.
07/02/2014 3:03 PMdetail
- All aboard! Goodyear to attempt world record for Largest Soul Train Dance
City hopes to set second Guinness World Record during July 4 celebration at Goodyear Ballpark
- Goodyear urges fireworks safety
The city of Goodyear is encouraging those who ignite fireworks during the July 4 and New Year’s holidays to use extreme caution, especially around young children and buildings.
06/26/2014 5:58 PMdetail
- Goodyear business celebrates prestigious President’s Award for Exports
Global Organics Group, located at 4050 S. Sarival Avenue, has received the prestigious President’s “E” Award for Exports by U.S. Secretary of Commerce Penny Pritzker.
06/26/2014 5:45 PMdetail
- Small Business workshop: Setting up a limited liability corporation
The InnovationHub@GoodyearAz located inside the Goodyear Branch of the Maricopa County Library District will host a workshop, “Learn How to set up a limited liability corporation.”
06/23/2014 11:55 AMdetail
- Cincinnati Reds, Cleveland Indians, make contributions to Goodyear organizations
The two Major League Baseball teams that call Goodyear their spring training home have stepped up to the plate to help the local community.
- Participants recognized in Goodyear arts program for special needs kids
A visual arts program that provides a rich and rewarding experience in the spring for kids with special needs will continue in the fall, thanks in part to its volunteers and a contribution from APS.
- “Comedy of Art” Youth Theater Camp set to debut in Goodyear
Two-week acting program takes place at Estrella Foothills High School July 7-18
- Goodyear students read nearly 1 million pages in Reading Challenge
Another chapter has been completed and the books now are closed on the city of Goodyear’s 2nd Annual Reading Challenge.
- Business Development and Sales Class at Goodyear Library
- Help plan the city’s water future
The city of Goodyear is looking for residents and business owners to join its water planning committee to help shape water resources and infrastructure to ensure an adequate water supply for future generations and development.
- Public Hearing Notice
Truth and Taxation Hearing on June 23
- Goodyear begins making a splash with aquatics programs
Goodyear is offering swim lessons for beginners age 3 and older at the Goodyear city pool at 430 E. Loma Linda Blvd. with registration beginning on Monday, May 19 for the first session of lessons, May 7 through June 6.
- Goodyear residents eligible for utility bill assistance program
The city of Avondale Community Action Program is available to help income-qualifying Goodyear residents who are struggling to pay their utility bills and may need help.
- Goodyear to participate in National Kids to park Day
Hundreds of thousands of children nationwide, including at Goodyear Community Park, 3151 North Litchfield Road, will take part in a grassroots movement to discover America’s parks through play on Saturday, May 17 to commemorate the 4th Annual National Park Trust’s Kids to Parks Day program.
- Goodyear to participate in National Kids to Parks Day, Saturday May 17
- Good Sign for Goodyear Economic Development
Effective June 2, Romina Khananisho – Goodyear’s government relations manager – will be temporarily reassigned to lead the city’s economic development efforts, along with Kim Bradford, assistant to the city manager.
- Goodyear seeking public input on parks, trails and open space plan
The Goodyear Parks and Recreation Department is inviting the public to come help shape the future of the city’s outdoor and recreation spaces by providing input on its master plan.