Bulk Trash Collection Monthly Pickups
Bulk collections are for waste generated from normal residential activities that are too large to fit into your regular trash or recycling container. Each bulk item, with the exception of furniture and appliances, shall not exceed an accumulation of two cubic yards (about the size of a kitchen table 3'x3'x6') and be of a shape and size that two men can safely lift without breaking. Please ensure that small amounts (items that can easily fit into a regular trash or recycling container) are disposed of utilizing your regular scheduled curbside collections.
Please look at the BULK TRASH ZONE MAP to determine which zone you live in. That zone will determine which day of the month your pickup occurs.Still not sure which zone you are in?
Then, look up your address to determine your zone.
Bulk collections will shift to the next day during weeks in which a holiday occurs. So, please check the calendar and perform your landscape trimming accordingly on those months when you will be affected by a holiday.
There will be no change to your contained trash pickup days. They will remain once per week based on which of the five zones you live in according to the CONTAINER TRASH ZONE map. This is the same 5-Zone map that been in place since we began curbside recycling. If you still have an old magnetic map on your refrigerator, the bulk trash day also shown on that old map is no longer valid.
Thank you for your patience as we change to designated days for bulk trash pickup and hope you will find that once-a-month bulk pickup meets your household needs. Should you have further questions about the new once-a-month bulk trash pickup, please call Sanitation at 623-932-3010 or send us an email.
For Each Bulk Collection Day
- Brush should be cut to 4' lengths.
- Grass clippings placed out for bulk collection must be double bagged or in sealed cardboard boxes.
- Cacti must be placed in sealed boxes to prevent injury to workers.
- Place bulk trash in the street, next to the curb in front of your property. Do not place bulk materials in any manner that will interfere with or be hazardous to pedestrians or vehicles. All items should be placed away from electrical boxes, cable boxes, mailboxes, poles, water meters and existing landscape.
- Placing bulk trash outside too early before the collection day has the potential to create a mess and invite animals, in addition to detracting from the aesthetics of the community. Residents are asked to place their bulk trash outside after 6:00 PM on the day prior to collection or by 6:00 AM on the day of collection.
- It is the resident's responsibility to clean up small debris that may remain after collection.
Not Allowed for Bulk Collection
The following items will NOT be accepted for collections:
- Hazardous materials
- Large auto parts
- Material from construction repair or demolition such as
- Roofing materials