For Educators & Youth Leaders
Goodyear Public Works staff can help your school meet its own sustainability plans and support instructional objectives on environmental topics.
For more information on any of these offerings, call 623-932-3010 or email. Ask for Recycling or Water Conservation.
- Staff can provide tools that support mathematical and scientific objectives related to measuring precipitation, irrigation, energy, and rates of change.
- Water For kids (English and Spanish)
- Drinking water and kids' health
- National water organization (American Water Works Association)
- Water Footprint Calculator
- EPA Water Sense Test
- Arizona Water Facts
- Ollie's World
- Environmental Kids Club
- Sanitation staff can provide a 30-minute recycling and waste reduction presentation. Water Conservation will tailor presentations to grade levels and instructional objectives.
- Goodyear has a trained Arizona Project WET facilitator on staff. Request Project WET(K-12), Arizona Conserve Water (2-12), or Discover a Watershed: The Colorado River workshops of 6-12 hours. Staff can present shorter sessions designed to meet your needs on reusing and recycling solid or water resources.
School Water Audit
- Engage teams or classes of students in monitoring water use on campus. Take steps to reduce school water use and reduce utility costs. City staff will help plan, instruct and provide simple tools and techniques, as requested.
- Consider switching water sources to reduce irrigation costs by 50% and keep more ground water in the ground! Have your facility manager contact us for information.
- Six hundred gallons run off a 1,000-square-foot roof during a one-inch rain storm. Capture and redirect it! Water Conservation staff have information and contacts.
- Bring water cycle and reuse discussions to life by scheduling a tour of a water campus or a water reclamation facility. Introductory lessons and hands-on activity at the site can be provided. Chaperoned classes of students 10 and above can be accommodated.
Desert Dan Annual Campaign
- Encourage your students to participate in the annual summer campaign to reduce peak water use. Equip them to be Desert Dan's Water Marshals in fighting Max(imum) Usage once classes end. Help them have fun practicing math and science. Contact us early to schedule presentations for your summer day camp.
- Call 623-932-3010 for suggestions or to discuss partnering to make Goodyear greener.